Home Remedies for Acne
Acne is a common skin problem that affects people of all ages. Teenagers suffer the most from acne because of the increased hormone levels in their body. Sleep deprivation, too much stress, unhealthy eating habits and a hectic lifestyles can also cause acne. Acne can appear on the face, chest, back and scalp. Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate works as a gentle exfoliate for your skin. Thus, it unplugs the pores and removes dead skin. It also helps regulate the pH balance of the skin and has mild anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. All these characteristics make it an excellent home remedy for clearing acne.
- Apply a paste of one or two teaspoons of baking soda and a little water. Rinse it off after a few minutes.
- You can also mix together two tablespoons baking soda, one teaspoon cinnamon powder, the juice of half a lemon, and five tablespoons honey. Apply it on your face and wash after five minutes.
Use baking soda on your skin once or twice a week.
Oatmeal is beneficial in reducing acne because it cleanses your skin pores and absorbs excess oil. Plus, it exfoliates your skin.
- Mix one teaspoon of honey and the juice of half a lemon in a cup of cooked oatmeal.
- Rub this mixture over your skin.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Do this once or twice a week.