22 Home Remedies To Get Instant Relief From Knee Pain & 16 More Tips To Ease The Pain
Your knees are the most annoying and unpleasant areas to be affected by joint pain.
Because you use your knees every day, they’re also more prone to wear-and-tear.
And this type of pain isn’t just for the ill and elderly: it can be experienced at any age and can be so severe that simple tasks like walking become a challenge.
- Injuries including ligament tears, fractures, and dislocation of the knee joint or knee cap
- Arthritis and Osteoarthritis
- Weak muscles
Knee pain can be either dull or sharp and typically manifests itself alongside inflammation, swelling, stiffness, reduced mobility, and difficulty walking.
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has well-documented anti-inflammatory benefits that can be utilized to treat knee pain. Use it internally and externally for best results.
To make your own knee salve, boil half a cup of coconut oil over medium heat for 3 minutes. Let it cool and massage it into the knee using your fingers. Leave it on all day and repeat before bed
2. Cayenne Pepper with Olive Oil
Capsaicin is an active compound in cayenne peppers that has a warming effect. It’s typically used to soothe muscle and joint pain and also reduces swelling.
- 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ cups of olive oil
- Mix the ingredients to prepare a paste and apply it on the affected area. Use twice daily for a week or more to treat pain.
3. Cayenne Pepper with Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has anti-inflammatory benefits that make it a perfect side-kick to cayenne.
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
- A cup of apple cider vinegar
- Combine the ingredients and pour the mixture into a hot bath.
- Soak your knee for 20 minutes daily to stop pain in its tracks.
Lemons contain citric acid, which has the ability to dissolve uric acid crystals that form in your joints. These crystals cause gout and other joint problems.
- 1 lemon
- Half a cup of sesame oil
- 1 cheese cloth
- Slice the lemon and place the slices in a cheese cloth.
- Tie it off, and dip the cloth-covered slices in sesame oil for a few minutes.
- Place the poultice on your knee for ten minutes or so.
- Repeat twice a day and drink lemon water first thing in the morning
5. Apple Cider Vinegar with Cold Water
Apple cider vinegar detoxifies and alkalizes your joints to keep them lubricated and ready to go.
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- Combine all the ingredients and drink on an empty stomach once a day.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar with Olive Oil
Combine 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and apply the mixture to the front, back, and sides of your knee for 30 minutes. Rinse with cold water and massage the area.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar with Hot Water
Hot water eases muscle tension, making it easier for your joints to move freely.
- 2 cups of apple cider vinegar
- Hot water (hot bath)
- Fill your bathtub with hot water, add the vinegar, and stir.
- Soak for 30 minutes and relax.
- Repeat every day for a week for best results
8. Mustard Oil
Mustard oil promotes blood flow to soothe pain and inflammation.
- 2 tablespoons of mustard oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- Hot water
- A towel
- Heat the oil and roast garlic over medium heat.
- Let it cool and apply while still warm.
- Let it sit for an hour.
- Follow up by wrapping your knee in a hot towel.
- Repeat twice a week.
9. Olive Oil
Treat painful knee caps by rubbing a few drops of olive oil on them once a day.
10. Turmeric and Ginger
Turmeric contains curcumin, an active compound that fights inflammation and reduces pain.
- 1 1/2 a half tablespoon of turmeric
- 1 1/2tablespoon of chopped ginger
- 2 drops of honey
- 1 cup of water
- Place all the ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes, strain, and drink immediately.
- Repeat twice daily.